Thursday, June 6, 2013

The Compound Effect, pgs 102-113 (Establishing a New Routine)

"Rise & Shine"

--Think of everything you are grateful for.  Attune the mind to abundance.  The world looks, acts, and responds to you very differently when you start your day with a feeling of orientation of gratitude for that which you already have.

--Send love to someone.  The way to get love is to give it, and one thing I want more of is love.  Give love by thinking of one person and send them love by imagining all that I wish and hope for them. 

--Think about, focus on the No. 1 goal and decide which three things to do on this day to move closer toward reaching it.

--Set timer for 30 minutes.  Read something positive, inspirational and instructional. 

--When alarm sounds, for one hour, take the most important project and work on it for an hour of completely focused and with no distractions.

--Take 15 minutes to calibrate your day.  Review three MVPs (Most Valuable Priorities) for that day and ask self "If I only did three things today, what are the actions that will produce the greatest results in moving me closer to my big goals?" 

--Reward yourself.  You can open your emails now, check Facebook.

--Get to work.  Work on MVPs.

"Sweet Dreams"

--How did the day go?
--What do I need to carry over to tomorrow?
--What else needs to be added?
--What is no longer important?
--Journal the day.
--Read something inspirational.  Focus on something constructive and helpful toward making progress on my goals.  The mind likes to continue to process the last information consumed before bedtime.

---------------------------------------
This is a format for something that I would like to incorporate into my day.
I may just do a daily or nightly journal post in this format.

1 comment:

  1. It's soooo important to start out each day in a positive way. :) Great job!

    ReplyDelete