Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Personal Thoughts - I Have A Problem.


What does it take for a person to recognize they have a problem, and then take the steps necessary to change? 

This is a question I keep asking myself, each and every day.  I have a problem.  I am a food addict and my addiction is going to kill me if I do not find a way to change.  I spent a long night last night, dealing with the consequences of my actions....my poor choices.

I know what I need to be doing.  I have the tools (Shakeology, Exercise DVD, Beachbody, knowledge, etc.) that I need to change, I just cannot seem to be consistent and committed long enough to overcome.

I start out every day with good intentions, and then after 7 pm it seems that everything goes downhill.

You would think that the pain, headaches and body aches would be enough to get me in line.

All I can tell you, or myself, is that I am not going to give up.  I am going to keep meeting each day with the expectation and intention of changing.  I will keep immersing myself in positive reading that sets my mind on a positive course for the day.  I will pick up even more reading, to combat the addiction, and do whatever I have to - to fight this addiction.  I'm not a quitter.

Food addiction may be "the wall" that seems insurmountable, but there is also the opportunity for change that is present as well.  My choices today are what create and form, my "tomorrow."


No comments:

Post a Comment