Wednesday, June 12, 2013

The Compound Effect, Ch 06 - Find The Line Of Expectation And Then Exceed It!

This is my son and Lance Armstrong.  Both share a bond, a certain health issue.

"There is a point in every race when a rider encounters his real opponent and understands that it's himself."  Lance Armstrong

Chapter 6
When you have prepared, practiced, studied and consistently put in the required effort, sooner or later you will be presented with your own moment of truth.  In that moment, you will define who you are and who you are becoming.  It is in those moments where growth and improvement live....when we either step forward or shrink back...

Hitting "the wall" is not an obstacle, it is an opportunity.

When conditions are great, things are easy, there aren't any distractions, no one is interupting, temptations are not luring, and nothing is disturbing your stride; that too is when most everyone else does great.  It is not until situations are difficult, when problems come up and temptation is great, that you get to prove your worthiness for progress.  When you hit "the wall" in your disciplines, routines, rhythms, and consistency, realize that's when you are separating yourself from your own self, scaling that wall, and finding your new powerful, triumphant, and victorious self.

In our attention-deficit, propaganda-saturated society, sometimes doing the unexpected is required to get your voice heard.

Find the line of expectation and then exceed it. 
---------------------------------------

Summary Action Steps:

When do you hit your moments of truth?  Identify so you know when to push through to find new growth and where you can separate yourself from others and your own self.
---I face a moment of truth every night after 7 pm, repeatedly.  I face a moment of truth each day of each week of classes.  I face a moment of truth when I see negativity in others, and I then have to choose to "jump in" or "walk-away".

Find three areas in your life where you can do extra.
---Volunteer work.
---Extra effort in school work.
---Talking to others about Shakeology.
---More consistent and committed effort in my diet.

Identify three areas in your life where you can beat the expectations.  Where and how can you create "wow" moments.
---I can put more effort into "wow" school work, instead of getting by on minimum.
---I can go gung-ho on my diet plan and "wow" people with my progress.
---

Identify three ways you can do the unexpected.  Where can you differentiate from what is common, normal, or expected?
---I can pay more attention to my appearance, instead of just being comfortable.
---I can be uplifting, encouraging, positive and motivating.
---I can volunteer for more and make a difference.

1 comment: