Monday, June 3, 2013

The Compound Effect, pgs 70-83 (Goals & Habits)

You only see, experience, and get what you look for.  If you don't know what ot look for, you certainly won't get it. (pg 70)

When you define your goals, you give your brain something new to look for and focus on. (pg 71)

Goals:
01- I want to achieve a bachelor's degree.
02- I want to maintain a 3.5 or higher, GPA.  Currently 4.0
03- I want all of my credit cards paid off.
04- I want to own my own house.
05- I want to lose weight.
06- I want to be size 9-11 again.
07- I want to end my food addiction.
08- I want a health care career.
09- I want to have long-term friends I can hang out with.
10- I want to achieve a more positive life and thinking.

What stands between me and my goal is my behavior.
YOU => CHOICE + BEHAVIOR + HABIT + COMPOUNDED = GOALS
You => Decision + Action + Repeated Action + Time = Goals

Top Three Goals:
01- Lose weight
02- Be debt free
03- Positive Thinking

Habits and behaviors never lie....there's a discrepancy between what you say and what you do.

Five Strategies For Eliminating Bad Habits:
Identify Triggers:
01- I am more likely to succumb to temptation at night when I'm aloe.
02- I am more likely to step outside my boundaries when I get "generous".
03- It is far too easy to stay in my familiar comfort zone.
Clean House
01- I am not able to remove trigger and temptation foods from my house.  I wish I could.
02- I can pay off debt and refuse to reload.
03- Refuse to go there.  Let it go.
Swap It
01- Set a "cut-off" time daily.  Take a walk or shower when triggers pop up.
02- I can leave credit and debit cards at home.  Avoid likely spending places.
03- I can remind myself with daily positive quotes and inspiration.
Ease In
01- I can reduce fat, calories and cholesterol.  I can increase fiber.
02- I can work towards a cash only basis.
03- Force myself to stop and investigate where that thought came from.
Jump In
01- Go to the gym.  Go for a walk with dogs.
02-
03- Share positive inspiration with others. Motivate others.

Sometimes wading in does not work and you need to jump all in.
You cannot always wait until the perfect moment, day or time.

--------------------------------------------------------------

Habit Assessment:

Who I Need To Become:
* I will be organized.
* I am determined.
* I am a work in progress.
* I will be debt free.
* I will have a bachelor's degree.
* I can accomplish more (work, exercise, progress) every day.
* I will inspire and motivate myself.
* I will succeed.
* I will inspire others.
* I will be an asset.
* I will believe in myself.

New Habits, Disciplines or Behaviors I Need To Start:
* see list above this section.
* Be more productive.

Existing Healthy Habits, Disciplines or Behaviors I Need To Expand:
* My education, GPA, must remain a priority.
* My children will remain a priority.
* I need to expand my "awareness".
* I need to discipline myself more.

Poor Habits Or Behaviors I Need To STOP:
* Disorganization
* Procastination
* Lack of Self-Esteem
* Negative Thinking
* Criticism


*

No comments:

Post a Comment