Wednesday, June 5, 2013

The Compount Effect, pgs 93-101 ("Mo")

How To Meet "Mo":
(Momentum, Motivation, Moving)

* Make new choices based on goals and core values.
* Put those choices to work through new positive behaviors.
* Repeat healthy actions long enough to establish new habits. (21 days?)
* Build routines and rhythms into your daily disciplines.
* Stay consistent over a long enough period of time. (21 days?)

Habits, disciplines, routines and consistency are the keys that unlock "Mo". (pg 98)

The best routines fail because we do not have a system of execution.
To reach new goals and develop new habits, it is necessary to create new routines to support your objectives.  (pg 99)

-----------------------------

Dear "Mo",

I would really like to hang out with you "long-term". 
I am really frustrated that I have not met you sooner. 
Where have you been hiding?  I need your help.
There are some things I would like to change in my life.
I need momentum.  I need motivation.  I need to get moving.
There is going to be a major attempt to find you, Mo.

Sincerely, Me.

------------------------------

No comments:

Post a Comment