Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Locked Doors

As I read a family member's "short stories", I was flooded with memories.  These memories were stashed behind locked doors, in a vain attempt to shield my heart from the painful thuds of remembering.  You can never outrun memories.  They come calling, in full-force, once someone or something, cracks the locked doors open. 

I have such a broken heart when it comes to dogs.  I have met so many special souls and they have each touched my heart in their own special ways.  With some, I have regrets.  With others, I have special memories.  With a few more, my heart breaks every time I think of them.

Corky-  So smart, gone too soon.
Corky #2- Sweet, gentle, smart dog.
Lucky-  Sweet soul, too gentle for strenuous expectations.
Black Jack- Fun, playful, my heart breaks for you.
Topper- Gone way too soon.
Dutches- You stole my heart, my best friend, confidant, I miss you so much!
Lucky #2- You deserved so much more than you received.  Such a sweet soul.
Bear- You deserved more than you got.
Lady- I'm sorry. 
Toby- I didn't know.
Tom, Sonny, Spook, Stormy, Cuddles, Stormy #2, Harry, Pete and Brownie.  You are not forgotten.


I know this journal should be my safe place, where I'm free to say what I want or need to...but I'm not yet comfortable in testing that out fully.

As I read the stories, some were enlightening and some were a little different than I remember.

I will say this.... before you decide to bring a pet home, make sure YOUR priorities are in order.  I believe that ALL dogs are capable of giving such unconditional love, companionship and can be your best friend.  They deserve all the love there is to give, and they will definitely love you no matter what you give or do not give them. 

Rest in Peace my friends.

I want to thank each and every pet that has come into my life, and tell them....I love you!

2 comments:

  1. Your compassion for animals is one of your best qualities I envy....even with my stinky pups. Lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Innovation means technological change. The technology change results in practical implication or commercialization, it does not mean just generation of ideas. The importance of technological innovation in today's competitive economy is very clear, as today the worldwide economy depends on technology and technological innovation to an extraordinary degree. 24h schlüsseldienst

    ReplyDelete