Sunday, June 2, 2013

The Compound Effect, pgs 55-69 (Habits, Goals)


The power that habits have over your life:
The older they are, the bigger they get, the deeper the roots grow, and the harder they are to uproot.  Some get so big, with roots so deep, you might hesitate to try.

A daily routine built on good habits is the difference that separates the most successful from everyone else.

The slightest adjustments to your daily routines can dramatically alter the outcomes in your life.

Your choices are only meaningful when you connect them to your desires and dreams.  The wisest and most motivating choices are the ones aligned with that which you identify as your purpose, your core self, and your highest values.

When faced with a choice, ask yourself "Does this align with my core values?"
If it does, do it.  If it does not, do NOT do it.

Having to fight challenges our skills, our character, and our resolve, and it forces us to access and exercise our talents and abilities.

Motivation can help us use a powerfully negative emotion or experience, to create an even more powerful and successful end or achieve a goal.

We can take control by not blaming chance, fate or anyone else for our outcomes.
Rather than letting past hurtful experiences sap our energy and sabotage our success, we can use them to fuel positive, constructive change.

IF you are not making the progress that you would like to make and are capable of making, it is simply because your goals are not clearly defined.

Whatever you vividly imagine, ardently desire, sincerely believe, and enthusiastically act upon...must inevitably come to pass!

The person who has a clear, compelling, and white-hot burning why will always defeat even the best of the best at doing the how.

---------------------------------------------------

Core Values Assessment:

Who is the person I respect most in life? What are their core values?
My grandmother.  Her core values were to work hard, pay her own way, and her faith in God.

Who is my best friend, and what are his/her top three qualities?
My oldest daughter.  Qualities: Independent, Mentally Strong, Knows her core values.

If I could have more of any one quality instantly, what would it be?
The one quality I would want to have is to have the solid determination to accomplish any thing I set my mind to.

What are three things I hate?
I dislike cruelty to animals.
I dislike people who use unearned reasons to justify their purpose, goal or point.
I dislike liars and cheats.

Which three people in the world do I dislike the most and why?
My step-daughter.  She manipulates, plays and uses people.  She took something of value from me.
My father.  He messed up my head, my self-confidence, and self-esteem. (He's still my father!)
My ex-husband.  He disgusts me.

Which personality trait, attribute or quality do people compliment me on the most?
I care.

What are the three most important values I want to pass on to my children?
"Do unto others as you would want them to do to you."
Be kind to animals.
Do not let anyone defeat you (mentally, spiritually).

-------------------------------------------------------
Relationships and Family
5 + 1 + 1 + 5 + 5 + 3 + 3 + 3 + 5 + 3 = 34

Physical
1 + 5 + 5 + 1 + 3 + 2 + 4 + 4 + 3 + 4 = 32


No comments:

Post a Comment