Monday, May 13, 2013

Don't Stop Believin'

I am still struggling inside.  I knew I had an almost 0% chance of being chosen by the Biggest Loser, to be a contestant, but I dared to hope.  I dared to believe it was possible. 


I got up at 3 a.m. Saturday, May 11, 2013, and drove to Dallas.  It was quite a brave thing for me to do, this small town girl has always refused and insisted that I would never drive in a big city like Chicago.  While I did not see "street driving" as in Chicago, I dared to do it.  I wanted this sooooo bad that I was willing to try, willing to step outside my comfort zone. 


We (Danielle went with me) arrived around 5:30 a.m.  Good thing we were early.  The line was already 40+ deep.  I was #48 in line.  I met some really nice people, and Mary was there.  They didn't start taking people in the door until after 10:15 a.m., but the time between 5:30 a.m. and 10:30 a.m., it seemed to fly. 
Good Luck Johnny Walker!!!
I am glad I went, and I am glad I tried.  I dared to dream.  My dream hasn't come true as of yet.  The Dallas call-backs are over, but I'm submitting that video online....just in case.  I haven't given up on my dream.  I'm not a quitter.

I've submitted by "2nd Chance" Video, put together the 9 page application, and I'm not giving up.  No matter how hard the waiting, hoping and disappointments, I will keep trying.  

The most important thing that I take from this is "Don't Stop Believing!".  I have to keep trying. I have to keep stepping outside the comfort zone.  

I am NOT a quitter!  I still believe.  I still believe in dreams!

No comments:

Post a Comment