Wednesday, July 17, 2013

START; pgs 231-233

START: Punch Fear In The Face, Escape Average, Do Something That Matters - Jon Acuff

Chapter 06 - Self Reflection Questions:

#5- Survey your life and decide if there's ever been something you experienced that made you think, I could do that better.  Was that the start of a dream that needs to be explored, like the taxi driver on pages 141-42.

#12- Sacrifice is an accelerant.  Create a list of things you are willing to sacrifice in the pursuit of awesome.  Later, when you're mad that you didn't get to go somewhere or do something because you were focused on the long-term win, review this list and remember why.

#13- Create a full box of ammo for why you won't give up before you get to awesome.  Some days, "working so my kids have a brighter future" will be enough.  Other days, "Friends who hold me accountable: will be enough.  In the moments when it gets hard to keep going, you'll be glad you have 101 reasons not to quit.

----------------------------------------

Personal Notes:

#5- I have a couple events in my life that I could have done better. 
I could have handled my volunteer work at the hospital better.  I could have approached going to college, the first time, with better intent and more focus.  In my 20's I could have thought about the long-term aspects of my life, rather than the immediate gratification.

Had I been paying attention, and had I focused on an education and career, I would have recognized that a career in Health Care was where I wanted to go with a career.

#12- I can afford to sacrifice a couple aspects in my life, in order to pursue awesome.  I can sort out awesome from hobbies.

#13- I will not quit because:  I need to have a way for financial stability.  I need to be able to afford to live on more than a dead-end job, with minimum wage pay.  I want a house of my own.  I want to be able to spend time with my kids, and someday grandkids.


No comments:

Post a Comment