Thursday, August 8, 2013

Set The Example

As I read in my book "Go Pro" by Eric Worre, and I came to the part "...people could sense my change of focus and my commitment to excellence and they wanted to be a part of it.  Think about a time in your life when you were around a person committed to excellence.....How did it make you feel?"  I realized that I have, indeed, encountered times in my life where either I was the example, or someone else was the example, of the very concept being written about in this part of the book.

In the latter half of 2010, I was able to lose a lot of weight.  I was committed, dedicated, determined and doing it.  The more and more repetition of visits to the spin class and gym, the more I craved it and the more results I saw.  People were starting to notice.  They wanted to know what I was doing!

In the wonderful world of Beachbody I have often heard the phrase "Be a product of the product!", and that is so very true and so very important.  So why do I bring that up now, after my first paragraph?  Because they really go hand-in-hand.

When you are "a product" of "the product", you are a living, breathing example of something.  In 2010, my something was diet and exercise.  Now, in 2013, my product is a combination of diet, exercise, Beachbody products & programs, and positivity.

This morning as I drove my daughters to their band camp, I noticed the lady I encountered yesterday at the end of my walk, walking.  Instead of going her normal route, which is much more longer and spaced out than mine, I noticed that she turned the corner....going the direction of my ritual route.  As I came back from dropping the girls off, I noticed she was still walking my normal route, not her own.  I pulled my truck into my driveway and started out on my usual route.

On my second lap around (a quarter mile each), I noticed that she had come over to the same side of the road as I was on, and that she was steadily catching up with me.  It made me smile.  She obviously wanted to walk with me, and it made me happy to know that.

When you are doing the right thing, making a positive example of yourself, it has a positive effect on others.  They want to know what you're doing, why you're doing it, and what your successes are.  When others see you succeeding, they want to be successful like you.  When you make progress and make accomplishments, they covet them for themselves.  Not all coveting is bad, especially when it inspires you to change your life in a positive way, toward a healthier and better future.

The best thing we can be, in whatever venture we pursue, is a "product of the product"...be the example of success, be the example that someone else will want to be. 

You do not have to remain in the same "four walls" that you've spent so much time in, that it feels like a prison.  Break out and step outside the comfort zone.  Invest time in being more positive, getting healthier, and being successful.  People WILL notice and they will want to know what you are doing.  When your "sun" shines, people want to know what is making such a positive change in your life!   You will not only make a difference in someone else's life, but your own.

Be a product of the product.... Set the example.

No comments:

Post a Comment